Did you know – you could be missing out on receiving a marriage allowance?

Not everyone is aware of the government’s Marriage Allowance so make sure you are not missing out

  •   Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,100 of your Personal Allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner - if they earn more than you.
  •   This reduces their tax by up to £220 in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year).
  •   To benefit as a couple, you (as the lower earner) must have an income of £11,000 or less. You can calculate how much tax you’ll pay as a couple.
  •   If you were eligible for Marriage Allowance in the 2015 to 2016 tax year, you can backdate your claim to 6 April 2015 and reduce the tax paid by up to £432.

[source: HMRC https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance/how-to-apply]

Who can apply

You can get Marriage Allowance if all of the following apply:

  •   you’re married or in a civil partnership
  •   you don’t earn anything or your income is under £11,000
  •   your partner’s income is between £11,001 and £43,000

You can still apply for Marriage Allowance if you or your partner:

  •   are currently receiving a pension
  •   live abroad - as long as you get a Personal Allowance.

OBK Tax offers a range of services to self-employed individuals, providing additional income and rebates by making them more tax-efficient with maximised take-home pay.
Visit our website:
https://www.obk-llp.com or call us today on: 01252 704 030

Get in touch with us

01252 704 030

Mon - Thurs: 08:30 - 18:00
Friday: 08:30 - 17:00
Sat/Sun: Closed

Fill in our Contact Form

About Us

We are the leading Tax and VAT rebate specialist in the UK

More about us

We're part of the
More About IN-SYNC Group